Better understand, prevent and treat obesity to improve the lives of those affected through research, education and advocacy.
Our Mission Statement
Through TOS's unique position, lead the charge in advancing the science-based understanding of the causes, consequences, prevention and treatment of obesity.
The Obesity Society is committed to improving the lives of those with obesity, nurturing careers of obesity scientists and practitioners and promoting the interdisciplinary nature of obesity research, management and education. In so doing, The Obesity Society, its members and staff pledge to uphold:
- Compassion: For the lives and situations of those living with obesity.
- Responsibility: For advocacy, treatment and investigation, all working toward a cure for obesity.
- Respect: For each other and all who are touched by obesity.
- Progress: For furthering knowledge about obesity using appropriate scientific standards.
- Mentorship: For helping, teaching and supporting our colleagues.
- Highest Ethical Standards: For all our actions, writings, programs, and services.
Our Strategic Plan 2014-2019
Review the brief outlining our top six priorities, key areas of focus and goals.