Fellowship is one of the highest honors The Obesity Society bestows. This prestigious mark of distinction highlights your contributions to the field of obesity research, treatment and prevention. As a fellow, you have earned the right to include FTOS among your credentials to let your colleagues know that you are an esteemed member of the leading scientific society dedicated to the study of obesity.
Applicants submitting a Fellowship application must meet the following criteria:
- A member of The Obesity Society for at least 1 year; membership must be in good standing.
- Provide a Curriculum Vitae (in English, maximum 3 pages).
- Provide letters of support from 2 Fellows of The Obesity Society.
- Demonstrated superior contributions to the obesity field through teaching, administration, or clinical services, including TOS committee participation.
- Conducted original research in areas relating to obesity, resulting in senior authorship of 5 or more scientific papers in English language, peer-reviewed journals OR Conducted independent original research without the opportunity to publish (e.g., industrial scientist).
Your membership will be held temporarily as "Regular" until The Obesity Society has received and reviewed your support information. If approved for Fellow status, you will receive a letter of confirmation and your membership will be changed to Fellow. Fellows can hold office and committee positions, vote for amendments to the Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws, and elect officers and committee members.
If you are interested in becoming a senior Fellow of The Obesity Society, please apply online here.
Q&A With TOS Fellows
TOS is pleased to share Q&A interviews with its Fellows! This is the perfect opportunity to get to know leaders in the obesity field a little better, and learn a bit more about their personal lives outside of work.
- David Allison, PhD, FTOS
- Paul J. Arciero, FTOS
- Richard L. Atkinson, MD, FTOS
- David Arterburn, MD, MPH, FTOS
- Simón Barquera, MD, MS, PhD, FTOS
- Charles Baum, MD, MS, FTOS
- Harold Bays MD, FACE, FNLA, FTOS
- Martin Binks, PhD, FTOS
- Janne Boone-Heinonen, PhD, MPH, FTOS
- Kerri Boutelle, PhD, FTOS
- Angelina Cain, MD, FTOS
- Shine Chang, PhD, FTOS
- Lee-Ming Chuang, MD, PhD, FTOS
- Lawrence J. Cheskin, MD, FTOS
- Catherine L. Davis, PhD, FTOS
- Brenda Davy, PhD, RD, FTOS
- Nikhil Dhurandhar, PhD, FTOS
- Joseph E. Donnelly, EdD, FTOS
- Nick Finer, FTOS
- Simone Annette French, PhD, FTOS
- Kishore Gadde, MD, FTOS
- Penny Gordon-Larsen, PhD, FTOS
- Peter T. Katzmarzyk, PhD, FTOS
- Aaron Kelly, PhD, FTOS
- Jennifer Nasser, PhD, RD, FTOS
- Chris Ochner, PhD, FTOS
- Rebecca Puhl, PhD, FTOS
- Leanne Redman, MS, PhD, FTOS
- Susan Raatz, PhD, FTOS
- Eric Ravussin, PhD, FTOS
- Whitney R. Robinson, PhD, FTOS
- Dana Rofey, PhD, FTOS
- Donna Ryan, MD, FTOS
- Dale Schoeller, PhD, FTOS
- Joseph Skelton, MD, FTOS
- Steven Smith, MD, FTOS
- June Stevens, PhD, FTOS
- Gladys Strain, PhD, FTOS
- Guang Sun, PhD, FTOS
- Andre Tchernof, PhD, FTOS
- Donald A. Williamson, PhD, FTOS
- William S. Yancy, Jr., MD, FTOS