Adopted by TOS July 10, 2013
The Obesity Society logo is one of the most prominent marks of its brand, and should be used by third parties only within specified guidelines. During some instances, as outlined below, the use of the logo may require written approval.
Please read this document before using the TOS logo.
The appearance of the TOS logo should always meet the following requirements:
- The appearance of the TOS Logo is fixed and should only be used “as is.” The words “Obesity Society” are part of the logo and may not be removed, replaced or modified for any reason.
- The TOS logo must be displayed in dark purple (RGB: 122, 37, 136) on a white background or black on a white background. Any other variation requires written approval.
- The TOS logo must never be reconstructed, redrawn or modified and must always be reproduced from a master original, which can be obtained from TOS by contacting our communications department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use of the downloadable low-resolution TOS logo in any printed document or other print material is not permitted. To request permission to use the logo in printed format, see the TOS Logo Usage Guidelines Authorization Form.
The following are permitted usages of the Society’s logo:
- Electronic Informational Link: Without written permission, the TOS logo can be used to denote an electronic link to the Society’s website www.obesity.org, or its sub pages. Any link must transfer the viewer directly to the TOS website, without the imposition of frames, browsers windows or third-party content.
- Membership Denotation: Without written permission, members of TOS in good standing may include the logo on an organization or individual’s website and must include one of the following with the logo:
- Proud Member of
- Member of
- Media: With written permission, accredited news media are permitted to use the logo in articles and other materials about the Society. Reporters should email their requests to email@example.com, and will receive a response within two business days.
- Co-Sponsored Events/Publications: Events and publications, or similar activities, co-sponsored by the Society, may include the logo on the website and printed materials in accordance with the terms and conditions of this policy. Any such use of the logo must be approved in advance by the Society.
TOS reserves the right to revoke permission of the use of its logo at any time, for any reason and users shall immediately cease any and all further use of the logo.
The following usages of the Society’s logo are not permitted:
- The TOS logo may not be displayed in any manner that would suggest a product or service is a product or service of TOS or that an organization or business is endorsed by TOS, unless written permission is given from TOS.
- Words other than “member” or “proud member of” may not be used in conjunction with the TOS logo including, but not limited to: preferred member, sponsor, partner or vendor without written permission from TOS.
- If used in conjunction with a product, business or organization, the product name or company logo must be prominently displayed and in no instances, can the TOS logo be larger or more visible than the trade name or product name.
- The TOS logo may not be used to disparage the Society or its members.
To use the logo on your website, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request permission to use the logo in printed material, see the TOS Logo Usage Guidelines Authorization Form.
Upon receipt of the TOS Logo Usage Guidelines Authorization Form, TOS communication’s department and TOS’s Executive Director will review the request. If there is any question as to whether allowing the request would pose concern to TOS’s brand, the request will be passed to TOS’s Ethics Committee for review. The Ethics Committee will be provided two business days to review and discuss the request, and at least two-thirds of the committee must agree before the request is either confirmed or denied. If the Ethics Committee cannot come to an agreement, the request will then be sent to the Council for a final decision.