Fellowship in The Obesity Society is one of the highest honors our organization can confer. A prestigious mark of distinction, Fellowship highlights your contributions to the field of obesity research, treatment and prevention.
As a Fellow, you gain the right to include FTOS among your credentials, so your colleagues will recognize that you are a respected member of the leading scientific society dedicated to the study of obesity.
Qualifications for Fellow Status
Applicants submitting a Fellowship application must:
- Be a member in good standing of The Obesity Society for at least one year
- Provide a biosketch highlighting your qualifications for Fellowship (the biosketch should be in English and a maximum of three pages)
- Provide letters of support from two current Fellows of The Obesity Society
- Demonstrate superior contributions to the obesity field through teaching, administration or clinical services, including TOS committee participation
- Have conducted original research in areas relating to obesity, resulting in senior authorship* of five or more scientific papers in English language peer-reviewed journals OR have conducted independent original research without the opportunity to publish (e.g., industrial scientist)
The Fellow Membership Process
Your membership will be held temporarily as “Regular” until The Obesity Society has received and reviewed your support information. If approved for Fellow status, you will receive a letter of confirmation and your membership will be changed to Fellow. Fellows can hold office and committee positions, vote for amendments to the Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws and elect officers and committee members.
Applying for Fellow Membership
If you would like to become a Fellow of The Obesity Society, please email us at email@example.com.
*Senior authorship is defined as first author or last author (if last author oversaw the conduct of the clinical trial or project).