Fellows of The Obesity Society (FTOS)
Selection Criteria and Nomination Process
Criteria for Fellowship
- Full member of TOS in good standing for at least five (5) consecutive years.
- Nomination either by candidate (self-nomination) or by a current TOS Fellow.
- Qualification through either the Research Pathway or the Scholarship and Service pathway
- Research Pathway criteria:
Demonstrated record of obesity-related research, resulting in at least ten (10) first or senior-authored*, English-language, peer-reviewed publications of original research and at least ten (10) additional peer-reviewed publications of original research or scholarly reviews
Scholarship or Service Pathway criteria:
Demonstrated record of sustained leadership in advancing obesity-related research, clinical care, or public policy through at least one of the following:
- Professional or lay education
- Clinical innovation
- Policy and advocacy
Demonstrated service to TOS through sustained leadership in TOS committees, sections, educational programs, or other activities that substantially contribute to the goals and mission of TOS
*Senior authorship is typically defined as including the first or last author, if the last author oversaw the conduct of the research project. If this is defined differently in the field of the publication, please include a note of explanation in the explain in your application.