The leadership of the Obesity and Cancer Section of The Obesity Society (TOS) joins with the Editorial Team of Obesity to seek submission of high-quality manuscripts for a special supplement issue of the journal to be published in November 2017.
One goal of the Obesity and Cancer section is to raise the profile of obesity and cancer research within TOS. Toward that goal, we invite submission of cutting edge original transdisciplinary research on obesity, energetics, and cancer for this special issue that will be released concurrent with ObesityWeek 2017. We highlight the term “transdisciplinary” to clarify that we invite submissions across the transdisciplinary spectrum, from genes to geography, from basic bench science to clinical trials and dissemination and implementation science.
Criteria for selection of submissions for the special issue:
- For scoring of manuscripts, highest priority will be given to novel studies that expand scientific knowledge of:
- the mechanisms linking diet, exercise, obesity, and cancer,
- relevance of diet, exercise, and obesity in the prevention and treatment of primary cancer and recurrent cancers,
- and the translation of obesity and cancer findings from the lab to the clinic and from the clinic to the community.
- We seek state-of-the-art papers dealing with the mechanisms linking obesity and cancer, innovative clinical or translational studies that challenge current paradigms, and novel “proof of concept” studies.
- Authors must abide by the instructions for authors available on the journal website. When submitting your manuscript, follow the instructions for Original Articles but select “Obesity and Cancer Special Issue” as the Manuscript Type. Please note that the usual page charges policies will be waived for all manuscripts accepted for publication. Figures in the print version will need to be black and white; color figures will be provided in the online version.
- At submission, authors must mention the Obesity and Cancer Special Issue in the cover letter accompanying their manuscript.
- Authors who submit must agree to continue consideration for publication in Obesity if their paper is accepted for journal publication but is not selected for the special issue.
To be considered for the Cancer and Obesity Journal Special Issue, please submit your manuscript online by July 1, 2017.
Questions? Please contact the journal’s editorial team at email@example.com