Editor-in-Chief: Eric Ravussin, PhD
Associate Editor-In-Chief: Donna H. Ryan, MD
Access Obesity Online
- Members: Login to TOS Connect using your TOS username and password. Once logged in, you will see "Obesity Journal" listed in the top navigation, which will take you to Obesity, hosted by Wiley.
- Non-members: Access the Obesity journal here.
If you have a problem logging in to Obesity, please call 301-563-6526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the new Obesity Patient Pages! Free to print and share noncommercially.
Submit your research to Obesity today!
Join the community of current thought leaders in the fight against obesity. Submit your best research to Obesity.
Authors benefit from:
- Quick and easy online submission
- Fast first decision: The average time from submission to first decision is just 13 days
- Fast publication: It takes just 10 to 12 weeks from acceptance to publication
- Open Access: You have the option to make your article freely available immediately upon publication
- Increased exposure
- More than 500 online recipients of the e-Table of Contents alerts
- 2.2 million page views of the journal each year
The Editorial Team of Obesity seeks submission of high-quality manuscripts for the 5th annual Obesity Journal Symposium to be presented at ObesityWeek 2017 in Washington, DC. The Editors will select at least 4 winning papers to be presented at this symposium during The Obesity Society meeting October 29-November 2, 2017 (exact date and time to be announced). The session will be promoted to the obesity research community and to the press. In addition, the winning papers will be published in a special section of the November 2017 issue of Obesity. Find out more and submit here.
4th Annual Obesity Journal Symposium at ObesityWeek 2016
The Editors selected five winning papers that provide the latest insights into preventing and treating obesity through innovative research designs. An author of each winning paper gave a 12-minute oral presentation followed by a 5-minute discussion. The papers were featured in a special section of the November 2016 issue of Obesity.
Congratulations to this year's winners:
- Early Weight Loss with Liraglutide 3.0 mg Predicts 1-Year Weight Loss and is Associated with Improvements in Clinical Markers, Ken Fujioka, MD
- How Strongly Does Appetite Counter Weight Loss? Quantification of the Feedback Control of Human Energy Intake, Kevin D Hall, PhD
- Effects of Canola and High-Oleic Acid Canola Oils on Abdominal Fat Mass in Individuals with Central Obesity, Xiaoran Liu, PhD
- Randomized Controlled Trial of a Nationally Available Weight Control Program Tailored for Adults with Type 2 Diabetes, Patrick O'Neil, PhD
- From Kindergarten Through Second Grade, U.S. Children’s Obesity Prevalence Grows Only During Summer Vacations, Paul von Hippel, PhD
Additional details are available here.
Also be sure to read the winning papers from the 2015 competition here.
This larger, comprehensive Expert Panel Report published in the July issue of the Obesity journal is free online.
Order a Print Copy
Find out more about ordering your copy of the full report here.
Having trouble with your order? Find out more here.
Cite the Guidelines
Don't forget to use the following citation when referring to the guidelines in your work:
Jensen MD, Ryan DH, Donato KA, Apovian CM, Ard JD, Comuzzie AG, Hu FB, Hubbard VS, Jakicic JM, Kushner RF, Loria CM, Millen BE, Nonas CA, Pi-Sunyer FX, Stevens J, Stevens VJ, Wadden TA, Wolfe BM, Yanovski SZ. Guidelines (2013) for managing overweight and obesity in adults. Obesity 2014;22(S2):S1-S410.
Questions about Obesity?
How to purchase back issues of Obesity
How to order reprints of an article (authors only)
How to order an Institutional subscription to Obesity
How to request permission to reproduce an article, or items within an article
Subscribe to Obesity
Obesity is the official journal of The Obesity Society. Available in print and online, Obesity is dedicated to increasing knowledge, fostering research, and promoting better treatment for people with obesity and their loved ones. Obesity publishes important peer-reviewed research and cutting-edge reviews, commentaries, public health and medical developments.
Members of the Obesity Society receive the journal as part of their membership.
Join The Obesity Society
World Obesity Journals
Members of The Obesity Society receive a discount on subscriptions to the World Obesity journals Obesity Reviews, Clinical Obesity, Pediatric Obesity and Obesity Science & Practice. In order to receive the discounted subscription, please complete the order form and return via fax: +44 20 7685 2581 or e-mail: email@example.com.