Click here to apply online today!
Need to renew your membership? Click here.
Benefits of Membership:
- Leadership and networking opportunities in your field
- Exclusive access to our online forum for obesity professionals, TOS Connect
- Free listing in The Obesity Society's Clinician Directory
- Up to $250 off registration fees for the Annual Scientific Meeting
- Free subscription to Obesity, the flagship scientific journal of The Obesity Society—available in print and online
- 30% discount on page charges for members who publish their research in the journal
- Resources for early-career investigators, including unique mentoring opportunities
- Access to the Obesity Society’s online membership directory, your networking source for medical and scientific obesity professionals
- Eligibility for the Obesity Society’s Awards and Grants Program
- Discounted education programs, including the ABOM preparation course and practice exam
- Eleven specialized Sections for you to customize your membership based on your chosen interests
- Advocacy for increased funding for research, prevention and treatment of obesity, and patient reimbursement
- Free subscription to the Obesity Society’s monthly electronic newsletter
- Access to an industry job board
- Membership with the World Obesity Federation (formally IASO). Please contact Heather Budd at firstname.lastname@example.org for access to your membership.
Scientists, Clinicians/Care Providers, Educators and Industry Professionals are eligible to become regular members. Regular members can hold office and committee positions, vote for amendments to the Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws, and elect officers and committee members.
Fellows can hold office and committee positions, vote for amendments to the Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws, and elect officers and committee members. Fellows may be North American or International residents, must be a member of the society in good standing and meet one of the following criteria:
- Conducted original research in areas relating to obesity, resulting in senior authorship of five or more scientific papers in English language, peer-reviewed journals
- Conducted independent original research without the opportunity to publish (e.g., industrial scientist)
- Demonstrated superior contributions to the obesity field through teaching, administration, or clinical services, including TOS committee participation.
Become a Fellow of The Obesity Society.
Post-doctorates, medical residents, clinicians-in-training, scientists-in-training, junior faculty, and any others who have completed a doctoral or medical degree within the past five years are eligible to become an early career member. Early career members can hold office and committee positions, vote for amendments to the Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws, and elect officers and committee members.
To become a student member or to renew student membership of The Obesity Society, you will need to provide a letter from your supervisor or mentor, on institutional letterhead, confirming your student status and, thus, eligibility for student membership of The Obesity Society. NOTE: Student membership does not include access to Obesity. Students may purchase online or print access to Obesity for an additional fee.
|Regular Member/Fellow Obesity, Online only
|Regular Member/Fellow Obesity, Print & Online
|Overseas Member* Obesity, Online only
|Overseas Member* Obesity, Print & Online
|Early Career Member No access to Obesity
|Early Career Member Obesity, Online only
|Early Career Member Obesity, Print & Online
|Overseas Early Career Member* No access to Obesity
|Overseas Early Career Member* Obesity Online only
|Overseas Early Career Member* Obesity Print & Online
|Student Obesity, Online only
|Student Obesity, Print & Online
|Overseas Student* Obesity, Online only
|Overseas Student* Obesity, Print & Online
*Overseas members include any members who reside outside of the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
TOS Refund Policy
Printable Membership Application Form