Contact Us

Contact Us2024-03-27T13:56:16-04:00

Thank you for your interest in The Obesity Society (TOS). If you have questions about the Society or our work, we would like to hear from you. 

You Can Reach Us for More Information

NAASO, The Obesity Society, Inc.
9211 Corporate Boulevard, Suite 300
Rockville, MD 20850

Phone: (301) 563-6526

CME, ObesityWeek, Abstracts, ABOM Exam Prep, and Education-related Questions: [email protected]

Grand Rounds-related Questions: [email protected]

Log-In Support, Membership, and Billing Questions: [email protected]

Journal Articles and Specific Issues: [email protected]

Newsletter, Media Interviews, Job Board, Press Inquiries: [email protected]

General Questions: [email protected]

Frequently Asked Questions:

How can I access the latest news about obesity?2018-12-12T15:24:05-05:00

Interesting and informative news articles about obesity can be found here.

How can I access the Obesity journal?2018-12-12T15:25:00-05:00

You can access issues of Obesity, our scientific journal. Obesity is the world’s leading, peer-reviewed journal on the subject of obesity.

How can I get a copy of an article from the Obesity journal?2018-12-12T15:25:57-05:00

You can call our main number, 301-563-6526, and ask for the Editorial Coordinator or send an email to [email protected].

Where can I find information if I am researching obesity for academic reasons?2018-12-12T15:27:18-05:00

You can access issues of Obesity, our scientific journal.

I didn’t receive this month’s issue of Obesity. Who should I contact?2018-12-12T15:28:07-05:00

You can contact customer service at Wiley, our journal publisher. Send an email with your request to [email protected].

What is the term of membership in The Obesity Society?2018-12-12T16:14:08-05:00

The term of your membership is counted from the first of the month following the month that you join and continues for one full year. Learn more about membership and its benefits.

How can I apply for The Obesity Society’s Early Career Research Grants?2024-04-02T08:57:13-04:00

You may apply if you are a TOS member and have received a PhD/DSc, DVM, MD or DO at the time of application.   Also, you must currently have a full-time, entry-level position (e.g., post-doctoral fellow, instructor, and up to Assistant Professor) at an established academic/research institution. Contact [email protected] for more information.

When applying for an Early-Career Research Grant, does the principal investigator need to be a TOS member?2024-04-02T08:49:35-04:00

Yes. The principal investigator must be a TOS member; co-investigators do not. Contact [email protected] for more information.

In order to submit an abstract, is it necessary to register for the Society’s annual meeting held at ObesityWeek®?2019-08-15T10:44:33-04:00

Abstracts can be submitted by both ObesityWeek attendees and non-attendees. If your abstract is accepted, we encourage you to register for the annual meeting and attend to present your research in person.

I need treatment for overweight or obesity; can you give me a medical referral?2018-12-12T15:33:26-05:00

The Obesity Society does not provide medical referrals. However, you can contact any medical school in your area and ask about nearby obesity treatment centers.