Access Obesity and Affiliated Journals
As the leading scientific membership organization dedicated to the study of obesity, The Obesity Society connects you to indispensable scientific, educational and clinical information from an array of perspectives.
Obesity is the Official Journal of The Obesity Society
As the flagship journal of The Obesity Society (TOS), Obesity features groundbreaking scientific information and cutting-edge, peer-reviewed research. You will also find reviews and commentaries representing a range of interests, ideas and viewpoints.
Information About Obesity
Editor-in-Chief: Eric Ravussin, PhD
Associate Editor-In-Chief: Donna H. Ryan, MD
Available in print and online, Obesity publishes vital, peer-reviewed studies and leads the field in exploring scientific developments in all areas of research, including clinical investigations, obesity biology and integrated physiology, pediatric obesity, epidemiology and genetics.
Connect with Obesity
You can access Obesity online any time. To view the journal’s current content, members can log in using the “Access Obesity” link at the top of the TOS home page.
Non-members can view abstracts of recent articles and full text of articles older than 12 months.
Submit your research to Obesity today!
Authors benefit from:
- 2018 impact factor – 3.969
- Nearly 2 million article downloads per year
- Quick and easy online submission
- Fast first decision: The average time from submission to first decision is 13 days (median 5 days)
- Rapid publication: 6–8 weeks from acceptance to publication
- Extensive exposure across the scientific and academic communities
- Promotion to media outlets by the TOS Communications Department and our publisher, Wiley
- Open Access: You can choose to make your article freely available immediately upon publication
Obesity Journal Symposium
The top papers from the annual Obesity symposium will be presented during ObesityWeek each November. The papers will also be published online during ObesityWeek and in a special section of an issue of Obesity that follows the meeting.
Note: When referring to the Obesity Treatment Guidelines in your work, don’t forget to use this citation:
Jensen MD, Ryan DH, Donato KA, Apovian CM, Ard JD, Comuzzie AG, Hu FB, Hubbard VS, Jakicic JM, Kushner RF, Loria CM, Millen BE, Nonas CA, Pi-Sunyer FX, Stevens J, Stevens VJ, Wadden TA, Wolfe BM, Yanovski SZ. Guidelines (2013) for managing overweight and obesity in adults. Obesity 2014;22(S2):S1-S410.
As a TOS member, you automatically receive membership in the World Obesity Federation (WOF). We are proud to partner with WOF by co-publishing the open access journal Obesity Science & Practice, as well as providing access and discounted subscriptions to other noteworthy journals published by the Federation.
To receive a discounted journal subscription as a WOF member, visit the WOF journals page and follow one of the “subscribe as a member” links.
- Discusses new medical, behavioral, dietary, pharmalogic and surgical approaches to obesity treatment
- Publishes research papers designed to engage both healthcare professionals and other individuals
- Genetic, molecular, biochemical and physiological aspects of obesity—basic, applied and clinical studies
- Metabolic consequences of child and adolescent obesity
- Epidemiological and public health-related studies of child and adolescent overweight and obesity
- Clinical management of children and adolescents who have overweight or obesity
- Comorbidities linked to child and adolescent obesity—mechanisms, assessment and treatment
- Life-cycle factors (e.g., familial, intrauterine and developmental aspects of child and adolescent obesity)
- Nutrition security and the “double burden” of obesity and malnutrition
- Health promotion strategies around the issues of obesity, nutrition, and physical activity in children and adolescents