Are you joining The Obesity Society for savings on ObesityWeek®? Do it while you register on obesityweek.org to eliminate wait time.
Members of The Obesity Society are part of the largest scientific society dedicated to obesity in the world.
The Obesity Society (TOS) is comprised of approximately 2,800 members worldwide who, like you, are dedicated to the study, prevention and treatment of obesity. These professionals include:
- Basic and clinical researchers
- Clinicians and care providers
- Post-graduate trainees
The Benefits of Membership
When you join TOS, you receive extensive benefits. As a member, you can:
- Connect directly with leaders throughout the obesity field.
- You can learn from mentors in your subspecialty and provide guidance and leadership to others.
- Attend exclusive monthly Grand Rounds or Coffee with Professors webinars – free with membership.
- Access a wealth of networking opportunities.
- Receive access to the Members Directory for networking.
- You will also have access to our industry job board.
- Obesity Care Providers receive a free listing in our Providers Directory.
- Become eligible for awards and grants.
- TOS offers an extensive Awards and Grants Program.
- Benefit from TOS advocacy.
- We actively support funding for research, prevention and treatment of obesity.
- We are also working to improve reimbursement for patient treatment.
- Receive support as an early career investigator.
- TOS early career efforts include unique mentoring opportunities.
- Automatically receive membership in the World Obesity Federation.
- The World Obesity Federation is a global community comprised of more than 50 regional and national obesity associations, all dedicated to solving the problems of obesity.
- Customize your membership.
- Find members with similar professional interests in our Sections.
- Make global connections based on your chosen interests.
- Members can opt for full access to Obesity, the flagship scientific journal of The Obesity Society—both in print and online.
- You will enjoy discounted educational programs, such as the American Board of Obesity Medicine’s preparation course and practice exam.
- Get discounts on registration fees for ObesityWeek® and on page charges for members who publish their research in Obesity.
Membership in The Obesity Society includes these notable opportunities: electing TOS officers and committee members; serving as a TOS officer; offering expertise to a range of TOS committees; and voting for amendments to the Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws. Memberships are available in four categories:
Open to all individuals with a demonstrated professional interest in obesity. Scientists, clinicians, care providers, educators and industry professionals are eligible to become regular members.
Open to individuals who are actively involved in a post graduate training program (e.g., postdoctoral fellows, medical residents, and clinicians-in-training) with a professional interest in obesity.
Open to individuals with a professional interest in obesity who are actively enrolled in a degree granting program. Student membership (and renewal of student membership) requires a letter from your supervisor or mentor on institutional letterhead. The letter must confirm your current student status and resulting eligibility for student membership with TOS.
Open to individuals who are retired but who are interested in maintaining their affiliation with the Society and whose membership has been in good standing for at least five (5) years prior to transitioning to Emeritus status.
NOTE: Overseas members are individuals residing outside of the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Obesity Access, Online Only
|Regular Member or Fellow||$240.00|
|Overseas Regular Member or Fellow||$250.00|
|Overseas Student Member||$90.00|
|Post-Graduate Trainee Member||$135.00|
|Overseas Post-Graduate Trainee Member||$145.00|
Obesity Access, Print + Online
|Regular Member or Fellow||$265.00|
|Overseas Regular Member or Fellow||$275.00|
|Overseas Student Member||$140.00|
|Post-Graduate Trainee Member||$160.00|
|Overseas Post-Graduate Trainee Member||$170.00|
Student Membership Fees*
|New Student Member||FREE|
|Student Membership Renewal||$35.00|
If you have a question regarding billing, please send an email to [email protected].
*PLEASE NOTE: Student are eligible for these significantly discounted membership fees; however, they do not automatically receive access to Obesity. These members may receive online and/or print access to Obesity for additional fees (see fee schedules above).