TOS provides medical education for physicians
and other healthcare professionals.
Certification as an ABOM Diplomate distinguishes a physician as having specialized knowledge in the practice of obesity medicine.
TOS and our partners offer a variety of CME opportunities ranging from our weeklong conference to free online sessions.
Continuing Medical Education
Mission for Continuing Medical Education
The Obesity Society is dedicated to disseminating knowledge in the field of obesity and to providing quality education about obesity for its members and other interested individuals and groups. By combining the knowledge of our scientific members with the expertise of our clinical members, we provide quality educational activities that:
- Make available the latest results of scientific research on obesity and its related disorders to physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Translate research into strategies and applications for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of obesity.
- Provide training for physicians and other healthcare providers to implement these strategies and applications in their professional practice. The goal of this training is to improve their competency in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of obesity.
- Assist in the development and implementation of clinical practice guidelines for physicians and other healthcare professional for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of obesity.
- Encourage and provide assistance to physicians and other healthcare professionals to become leaders in community-based efforts that will contribute to a reduction in the prevalence of obesity.
To accomplish these objectives, The Obesity Society will continue to provide valuable educational activities on obesity through traditional live formats and will expand our capabilities for providing educational activities through new and emerging electronic and Internet-based formats.
EXPIRED: TOS Annual Meeting CME Recordings
Prior TOS annual meeting session recordings have expired and are no longer available online for CME credits. If you are interested in potentially securing a specific session for your research, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a credentialed member of the news media looking for a specific session for a news story, please email email@example.com.